The estimated reading time for this post is 1 minutes. This post may contain affiliate links.
I saw this in one of my Facebook groups and thought I would share. The truth of this quote just struck me funny.
How true, but sad that in today’s society, we can’t always see the shackles people are wearing, but they are still there, keeping people from their dreams and tying them to a job they don’t like among other things!
Which way are you working?
Towards more debt or towards freedom?
I would challenge you to develop a plan to work off and free yourself from this bondage that we call debt!
Some interesting debt facts to consider:
Credit Card Debt
- Average American Household Debt: $5,700. Average for balance-carrying households: $16,048 (source)
- 38.1% of all households carry some sort of credit card debt. (source)
Student Loan Debt
- Student loan debt is currently at 1.2 trillion and climbing. (source)
- The average 2016 grad holds $37,172 in student debt. (source)
- One in four student loan borrowers are either in delinquency or default on their student loans according the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. (source)
- Since 1999, student loan debt has increased by 500% while incomes for young workers have decreased by 10% since the year 2000. (source)
- Americans owe an estimated total of $8 trillion in mortgage loans. (source)
- The average American owes an estimated $150,000 in mortgage debt. (source)
- Outstanding auto loans have hit more than a trillion dollars, with an average balance of $12,000 per person (or nearly 8 percent of disposable income) (source)
- One-third of car buyers sign up for a six-year loan at an average interest rate of 9.6%. (source)
Latest posts by Steven Goodwin (see all)
- September 2018 Net Worth Update – $160,733.71 (+$21,286.78) - October 9, 2018
- August 2018 Net Worth Update – $139,446.93 (+$3,690.43) - September 2, 2018
- July 2018 Net Worth Update – $135,756.50 (+$1,338.43) - August 1, 2018
- June 2018 Net Worth Update – $134,418.07 (+$1,089.72) - July 1, 2018