The estimated reading time for this post is 5 minutes. This post may contain affiliate links.
I have been tossing an idea around in my head for a while now.
What’s the best way to grow income?
I really feel that there are two ways to do it, but only one of those ways will lead to unstoppable growth. You can get hired on to earn income, e.g. pizza delivery, work a job, etc.
Trading Time For Dollars
By taking a job, you are always going to be limited to the hours you can put in because you are always trading time for dollars. And we all only have 24 hours in a day. And, even though this can be great for the short term, it doesn’t do much as you try to explode your income over the long term.
I did do this for about 8 months when I helped my friend get his pizza place started. I became a pizza delivery driver. I made decent money but was always starting over each night with my tips. It was easy money and the hardest part, honestly, was trying to make sure I could find the person’s house after dark! I did have fun doing it, but it meant I was giving up my weekends and some of my weeknights. But, money was flowing in each day when I worked.
Building a Service or Duplicateable Content
To escape this mindset, you would have to create something that you can duplicate and be able to sell multiples of to work while you are busy doing other things. A lot of people refer to this as creating passive income streams. There are many different ways to do this. You can start selling affiliate products, have advertising on your website that generates revenue when your visitors show up and click your ads, you can invest in dividend stocks to provide passive income from your cash going to work for you.
I have found to do this, I would start out by offering a few services. As I learn more about how to best offer these services, I can create content from that to walk people through the steps possibly through an online course or some other medium.
One of my biggest concerns with what I’ve been doing on this blog is that I’ve only really been tossing out articles that provide answers that I am seeing first hand in my experience. This has been a great help to me to learn more about different topics and keep myself motivated to move forward. But, I think it’s time that I started looking beyond just where I’m at and start trying to help you, my readers, solve more problems.
So, I want to put a challenge out there. I want you to email me with your questions on your budget, things you are going through, questions you are facing that require you to make a decision. I want to help guide you in making better decisions. I want to help you get to that next baby step, to start your own business, to take the leap into getting your blog started, to provide you with a service that will help you advance.
Because when it really comes down to it, the marketplace is only going to reward us when we help others achieve their goals. And when we help people solve problems, achieve their goals, and move forward, they reward us with “certificates with President’s faces on them”.
So, I want you to check out the three different services pages I have set up. I want you to think about how I can help you best. If it’s a quick question that we can work through together, please let me know, I would be happy to help!
Services I’m Looking To Offer
I am looking to help people in three different areas that I know about:
- Smart Phone Classes – I have been working as a cell phone salesman, technician and just tech geek for just over 5 and a half years. Do you feel like you are not using your phone to its full potential? I want to help bridge that gap. In just a quick 30 minute session, I can go over how to do many different things on your phone and teach you how to be more efficient and productive using the apps that are already on there or by suggesting a few new ones.
- Starting Your Own Blog – Creating your own online presence can be very powerful and allows you to build a list that you controls and work with. I have been list building for over 6 years and love interacting with people. Whether you are writing a book, coaching, selling products in MLM, direct sales, etc, you should have a blog to call home that you can educate, motivate and inspire others with to tell them about yourself and the services you have to offer. Getting a website setup for you to work with is easy to do in this day and age. Once you learn how to harness the power of growing your list and engaging your followers, you will be sure to see more money coming your way.
- Budgeting – We all know that we are supposed to keep a budget, yet there are so many people that still fly by the seat of their pants when it comes to the way that they spend their money. I want to help bridge that gap and help you get better with your money. I can help you develop a plan and set you up so your financial future could be brighter than ever before. On top of just getting started, I will also help you stay accountable. I am most passionate about this because of the transformation that has occurred in my life as I learned to take control of my money.
Latest posts by Steven Goodwin (see all)
- 2017 Goals: March Accountability Check In - April 14, 2017
- Things I Wish I’d Known About Personal Finance When I Graduated High School - April 12, 2017
- March 2017 – $107,176.04 – Net Worth Update (+$2,196.45) - April 5, 2017
- Some Tips I Learned From Our First Family Weekend Getaway of 2017 - March 29, 2017